Directions to Collins Avenue from Miami Airport
:-) I need directions to Collins avenue in Miami Beach from Miami International airport.
Are you coming from a rental car agency? If you are, the directions are going to be different.
Otherwise, here are the directions from MIA to Miami Beach:
When exiting, be careful, there are MANY signs.
1. Take the SR-112 E ramp toward I-95 N / BEACHES / SR-953 / NORTH LEJEUNE / HIALEAH / SR-836 W / SOUTH LEJEUNE / CORAL GABLES.
2. Take the SOUTH LEJEUNE ramp toward SR-836 W / CORAL GABLES.
3. Merge onto NW 42ND AVE / N LE JEUNE RD / FL-953 S.
4. Merge onto FL-836 E toward I-95 / DOWNTOWN (Portions toll - $1.25).
5. Merge onto I-395 E.
6. I-395 E becomes MACARTHUR CSWY.
7. Stay to the RIGHT to go onto 5TH STREET.
8. Turn LEFT onto COLLINS AVE.
:-)Hi! Thanks for the reply.
I will be picking up a rental car at MIA from Enterprise.
Are the directions you sent the same?
If not, please up date. Thanks for your help. Lloyd-SURVIVOR93 ;-)
The directions from Enterprise are:
1. Start out going SOUTHEAST on NW SOUTH RIVER DR toward NW 31ST ST/ANTHONY ABRAHAMS DR.
2. Turn RIGHT onto NW 31ST ST / ANTHONY ABRAHAMS DR.
3. Turn RIGHT onto NW 42ND AVE / N LE JEUNE RD / FL-953 N.
4. Merge onto FL-112 E / AIRPORT EXPY toward I-95 / MIAMI BEACH / FT LAUDERDALE
(Portions toll- $1.25).
5. Merge onto I-95 S toward DOWNTOWN.
6. Take the I-395 exit- EXIT 2D- on the LEFT toward MIAMI BEACH.
7. Merge onto I-395 E via the exit on the LEFT toward MIAMI BEACH.
8. I-395 E becomes MACARTHUR CSWY.
8. Stay to the RIGHT to go onto 5TH STREET.
9. Turn LEFT onto COLLINS AVE.
The drive into South Beach can really set for tone for a great vacation. After driving past Star Island and the Port of Miami, it's easy to see why people love living in South Beach.
For those YouTube fans, here is a link to a short driving video that shows what you will see along the way (video: Drive to South Beach).
Hi Survivor93! I agree, Maccarthur Causeway is a beautiful entry point but so is the Julia Tuttle. An alternate route is to stay on 112 and head to Miami Beach 195 exit. It's basically a straight line from the airport. This is a tad more convenient if you are staying on Collins north of South Beach, but really, it's six of one and half dozen of the other. Keep in mind, Collins is one-way northbound between 26th and 43rd street. Indian Creek Drive takes you south.
If you do decide to arrive via the Maccarthur, make sure you drive on the Julia Tuttle at least once. The view is beautiful! Whenever I drive home, I always think to myself: "I can't believe I live in such a beautiful place!"
;-) Hi Gus thanks for taking the time to make the video.
I remember 395 when it was called the NORTH SOUTH FREEWAY!
Once again I appreciate what you did for me. LLOYD :-)
NORTH SOUTH FREEWAY? That's strange because 395 runs East and West.
There's no more drawbridge near the Herald, it was removed back in '97.
Don't listen to Manola (unless you're staying on Collins north of South Beach). She's just trying to play favorites because she lives way up there near 41st Street.
Yes, the Julia Tuttle is also a beautiful drive, but it is the second most beautiful compared to the MacArthur.
I suggest anyone with a car cruise around Miami and drive over both of these Causeways. It's easy to do. Think of it as driving in a big circle. Here are some directions:
• South on Collins Avenue
• West on 5th Street to 395/MacArthur
• North on I-95
• East on 195/Julia Tuttle
• South on Collins Avenue
If there's no traffic, you should be able to drive the route in 20 minutes.
A good time of day is weekday mornings, or weekend afternoons.
The best time is on Sunday a little before sunset, that's when the cruise ships depart.
With both causeways in such close proximity, it's silly not to enjoy both! :-P
You can also head north on Biscayne Boulevard instead of I-95 to complete the loop. The new Center for the Performing Arts is right around the corner from the exit, with the Sears tower preserved intact. I love driving by on the cobblestoned section of the street.
Speaking of causeways, you'll still find the Venetian in between the Macarthur and the Tuttle, which is currently a toll road.
I hope you will fill us in on your impressions of today's Miami when you return from your trip! :-)
:roll: I WILL BE ARRIVING AT MIA and picking up a rental from Enterprise.
I will be staying on Miami Beach.
Can I take 395 East to miami Beach? Please lat me know. I have viewed the video you sent, but I wasn't sure!
Thanks Again! Happy New Year!! :lol:
Yes, the only tricky part is 395 has about 6 different names. Starting from Miami Airport you may see signs for: Downtown Miami, 836 East, 395, A1A, MacArthur Causeway, Miami Beach, and 5th Street, all of these raods lead to the 395 to South Beach.